OT Backup

Stu Duncan revolution at duncansoftware.com
Fri Apr 2 10:47:34 EST 2004

I am about to start a project that will have massive amounts of video,
stills, sound, etc. I need to reexamine my storage and backup systems
because these projects go well beyond my current storage abilities. There
are going to be terabytes of data. Currently I am thinking a RAID system
with redundancy at work and a duplicate system in my home which would be
accessed for backup via a cable connection. At the end of the day,
hopefully, one button click backs everything up overnight, however a
constant back up during the day would be even safer than risking the loss of
a day's work. The main development will be occuring on Macs running OS X
10.3 however the end products will be Mac/Windows compliant and there will
be 3+ Ghz Windows machines on the office network.

What hardware would you suggest for this backup array and what software & OS
to drive the system? Also needs to allow for expansion since these projects
look to be ongoing.

Thanks for your help

Stu Duncan