Saving Preferences

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Sep 30 22:32:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 07:55  PM, Ken Ray wrote:

>>      put format("%s/%s", tAppDataF, "Mindlube") into tAppPrefsF
>
> Just curioius, Alex, why did you choose to use format() instead of:
>
>   put tAppDataF & "/Mindlube" into tAppPrefsF

Just habit... After using C, Perl, and PHP I start start to think in
terms of the usual feature which in this case is the sprintf() method
of building strings.

Just using "&" definitely makes more sense in transcript.

Although with more than a handful of strings to concatenate then I
would start to prefer the format() method because I can separate in my
mind the slots vs. the contents to be filled in to the slots.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com