Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Sep 30 13:46:00 EDT 2003

Richard, et al:

>... for Blowfish to become a practical option
>for general use it would require revisions; like Mark pointed out, its
>currently more an example than a product.

As are libIPC, SDB, and possibly even Dar's contributions to the
revolution_ipc stack library; but given the group is less than a year
old and spent at least the first three months discussing how to
organize & license its output, I think we have established our
potential to take the foundations we have constructed and mold them
into high-quality developers' tools.

And let me emphasize "tools".  Correct me if I misspeak, Jan:  The
goal of the revolution_ipc group is to provide tools for Revolution
developers, NOT products.

>I'd sure like to see truly
>strong encryption as a pair of functions available for common use.

That is a kind of tool we seek to create.  Whether we create the
functions as Transcript handlers in a library or externals is where
your viewpoint may differ from mine.

Mark has contributed Rev_Blowfish to the revolution_ipc group's stack
library as a starting point for incorporating support for Blowfish
encryption/decryption into the collection of IPC commands that will
be released (most likely) in one library stack, Jan's libIPC.

Anyone who would like to help turn our examples into produ... oops!,
make that "tools" :{`), is welcome to join our group.

Rob Cozens, Co Moderator
revolution_ipc group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/revolution_ipc/>