Keep track of object type

Michael Young myoung at bigskyneuro.com
Sun Sep 28 21:01:00 EDT 2003

Hello,

I can use snippet "abbr name of me" to learn an object type. But how can I
keep track of the object type to use this information in a script located at
the card object level rather than for example at the button object level?

A concrete example of differences in button mouseup functioning:

Button object script:
on mouseup
  put first word of abbr name of me into fld "Field 1"
end mouseup

Field 1: button

Card object script with no button object script on mouseup handler:
on mouseup
  put first word of abbr name of me into fld "Field 1"
end mouseup

Field 1: card

I have no problem with the Field 1 answers that I am getting, however I
would like the Field 1 results in both situations to be button. How can I
achieve that result?

Thanks for your input,

Michael