Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 27 14:33:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 10:59  AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> What terms is it available under?  Is the final version not being
> posted to
> the Revolution_IPC group at Yahoo?

Hi Richard

It's available there under basic CUA principles. I don't want to
explain it here. I'm concerned that someone will need a lot of hand
holding to implement it properly. There are export restriction laws in
place by different countries that need to be followed when implementing
it. This becomes the responsibility and liability of the developer
using it in their apps. There are better and best user procedures when
disguising the encryption key while implementing it in transcript. I
made it available to the Revolution_IPC group because that small group
didn't need much to understand it and they needed some encryption
solution for all the work they are doing there. I did briefly explain
its three major parts there. If anyone wants to use it and wants me as
a consultant regarding it then I'm available to help anyone that needs
my help with it. I will need to collect a consulting fee if that is the
case. So money might act like an energy booster. On the other hand all
my comments regarding rev_blowfish at the Revolution_IPC group are
contribution to that group's greater cause. Right now, I'm a little
swamped developing an encrypted filing system for MTML publishing.

Here is a question I've never asked in a group like this. Has anyone
here worked so hard on developing a software app that was so feature
rich that the scope of it began to overwhelm your ability to
concentrate? It's happened to me in short term moments a few years ago
that lasted only several days but I feel like I'm just coming out of a
six month phase of diminished capacity. This could be related to stress
but it is more like writers block. I just can't work after I hit a
limit each day. I have discovered that I was trying to keep all the
code in my head until it was completed. I had to learn to
compartmentalize the code into smaller parts and to deliberately try to
forget the full content of the app's source code just working on one or
two functions at a time. I've heard of burn out after about five years,
I hope this isn't that. Anyone have or had experience with this or read
an article regarding these kind of issues?

Mark