Localisation woes...Mac Os X Menubars

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Sep 27 06:48:00 EDT 2003

Hi Malte,

yesterday i bugreported that non-english menus are not correctly
supported on OS X.

I also found that adding a (empty in my case) "German.lproj" folder to
the resources
will add even more trouble to that topic...

***Adding an empty "German.lproj" folder just will translate "Quit
Revolution" to
"Revolution beenden" and the name of the "Help" menu to "Hilfe"...
Will work with any supported language on X, i think...
No full translation, but its a start ;-)

(Please dont beat me up if the following statement is bullsh.. er not
correct:
The engine is a carbon app and therefore cannot fully support all the
OS X goodies
like e.g. multi-langugage support like a cocoa app...?)

I have not yet found some rules, but is for sure that this is a major
(sic! ;-) bug!!!

Every day i start my mac, i hope to see an update on the RR site...

Not success so far... :-(

Probably does not help much, but "solidarité" :-)

Have a nice weekend

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de