Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 20:03:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 09:51  AM, Alex Rice wrote:

> * Mark Brownell has written a Blowfish encryption engine in
> transcript. You could use blowfish to encrypt the entire data stack,
> instead of using Rev's password scheme.

I'm working on a method to encapsulate complete data chunks as
individual parts. One way to do this would be to use a pull parser to
get one part at a time. Example:

<page>
   encrypted data here...
</page>

In this text file example my encrypted data is htmlText where I
deliberately remove line breaks, return numToChar(13) & numToChar(10)
So later when a cross-platform file is decrypted "<p>" & return is used
to replace "<p>"

One implementation could be to save each page's encrypted data in an
array that is savable in a customProperty. The reason I mention all
this is Blowfish takes about a half a second to build the encryption
boxes that are used to encrypt and decrypt data. If the data is
encrypted in smaller sized user chunks then a Transcript/Blowfish is
not noticed much. It can slow things down when you attempt to encrypt
an entire data source all at once.

Contact me off list if you are interested in getting
Transcript/Blowfish.

Mark Brownell