Lindows CD - It's a teaser

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Sep 26 14:29:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 12:40  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> Looks like the Lindows CD .iso file is, indeed, a teaser CD. No
> installation is possible.

I thought that was kind of implied in Chipp's original email;

"""They also have a $29 CD which runs ENTIRELY off the CD on Intel
machines --so, you can try it out if you like, without having to install
anything."""

I am a little surprised that LindowsCD doesn't have this cool feature
available on Knoppix- the ability to designate a small disk partition
to use for your home directory or other persistent storage, and mount
that volume when running from the CD. Maybe it's there in Lindows and I
overlooked it?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com