Getting Taskbar/Dock height and position on screen?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 26 10:33:01 EDT 2003

I'm looking for ways to get the Dock/Taskbar height and position on the
screen.  I need them so I can set an app window to the full screen
without covering these two items up.

It seems that there should be an entry in the Windows Registry for the
taskbar height and position on the screen.  I have poked around in the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer are but found
nothing.  Searches on google haven't turned up anything either.

As for the Dock, I found the .plist that stores info on it at:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/
DockMenus.plist but didn't see anything which stated what it's current
settings were.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore