imported images smaller than 9 pixels sq

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Sep 25 07:18:00 EDT 2003

Hi Martin,

> I've been using the example script from the docs to get image file
> dimensions. It's like this:
>
> lock screen -- so user doesn't see the following shenanigans
> lock error dialogs -- prevent error window if import fails
> import paint from file fname -- creates a new image
> unlock error dialogs
> put the width of last image into xwide
> put the height of last image into hhigh
> delete last image -- get rid of image we created
> unlock screen
> put xwide&","&hhigh
>
> Everything works fine until I use it on an image whose dimensions are
> < 9
> pixels in both dimensions, in which case xwide and hhigh get 120.
> Behaviour
> is the same for gif and jpeg files.
>
> It seems that the script reports the dimensions of an 8*8 pixel image
> (or
> smaller) as being 120*120 pixels, but the dimensions of an 8*9 pixel
> image
> (or larger) are reported correctly.
>
> Couldn't see anything like this in bugzilla, anybody else get this ?

I am not sure, but this might have to do with the minimum size that RR
allows for objects.

See: -> Preferences -> Object sizes

Ther you can adjust the min value.

But you can still get the correct size of your tiny image with an
almost identical
script:

unlock error dialogs
put the formattedwidth of last image into xwide
put the formattedheight of last image into hhigh

The formattedheidght/formattedwidth will give you the correct value
(original size of the image)
and not the size of the image-object, which, in your case, will be min
120*120...

Hope that helps...

> martin baxter

Regards