creating a Unicode (UTF-8) file using open/write/close file

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Sep 24 23:16:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 09:13 PM, Kenji Kojima wrote:

> Worked both script with or without 'the unicodeText of '
> on MacOSX and WindowsXP for Japanese text.

I tried it with Japanese text I pulled off of a web page and pasted in.
  It had different values for fields with spaces and quotation marks.
Other than that it seemed to be the same.  The problem with not using
'the unicodeText of ' seems to be the text of the field in Japanese
uses single byte encodings for some characters.

It looks like the more general solution is to use 'the unicodeText of
'.  I didn't even realize I could do that with lines until I fiddled
with this.

Dar Scott