"Is A Date" Question

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Wed Sep 24 17:06:01 EDT 2003

Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It converts correctly for me on a Dutch Win2K

It's OK also for me -- Mac OS X Fr  :-)

the "convert tDate from system date to date" is really a bright idea, it
saves from a complicated RegEx:

in fact, I took a glance at the RR archives via Google, and got a nice
RegEx template for my needs -- but the "convert" is nicer, since it
doesn't assume anything about the date format, but "the system date"

I tested it in a little demo stack I wrote for trying date entry with a
sheet dialog. All I need is to enter a valid date, and make it a custom
property. When the sheet is closed, this property is transferred to the
mainstack.

Why a sheet? Well, it's because I want to write a standalone diary, and
because "ask" and "answer" don't work on the standalone.
I keeped my diary, along with a standalone which launches the diary and
quits. This very simple standalone weighs about 3.7 Mb!!!!