script editor error that drives me insane

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 24 14:52:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:25  PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I get a similar error in the MC IDE, though the exact error
> description is a little different. The insertion point always goes to
> the top of the script even if there is nothing there. The bad token
> always is empty (i.e., the engine doesn't know what it is.) I dismiss
> the error dialog, hit the Enter key a second time, and the script
> compiles fine. I think it is an engine compile problem, since it
> occurs in both IDEs.
>
> It has been bug-reported. It only seems to occur the first time you
> edit a script after opening a stack. Once you get the script to
> compile, it works fine after that until the stack is unloaded from RAM
> and then reopened again.
>
> I see it so often in MC that I've just become accustomed to hitting
> the Enter key enough times to dismiss the dialog and close the script
> editor, and then I continue working. It's been happening, I think,
> since the release of of the 2.1 engine.

Sounds like what I'm seeing. Do you think calling the script from the
message box could exacerbate the bug?

I'm trying to debug a function from the message box, but not only am I
getting this useless compile error, very frequently, I am also getting
strange behavior where function parameters are getting emptied for no
reason. Hmm... there was a message box bug about parameters getting
emptied. Hmm. Today is just not productive for me. Guess I should
restart Rev if I haven't already.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com