selectedChunk under Windows

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at east.uio.no
Wed Sep 24 10:42:01 EDT 2003

Is there something special about the
selectedChunk under Windows? I have a stack where
the user clicks on a word (or a sequence of
words) in a locked field, and then on a button to
have a given handler operate on the selection.
The problem is that the selectedChunk seems to
get lost immediately in the Windows build (tested
under Windows 2000). For instance, I have a
statement to trap for no selection being made:

if the selectedChunk is empty then
    answer "First click on a word to be messed around with."
    exit thisHandler
end if

This always evaluates to true, while the Mac OS X
build behaves as expected. (And of course if I
remove the statement, there is no result from the
following statements that should work on the
selectedChunk.)

The button calls a handler in the stack script,
and I have tried putting the selectedChunk into a
global already in the button script and
reselecting it in the stack script, in case
Windows releases the selection between the button
and the handler, but with the same results.
Suggestions are very welcome.

--
---
Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo, PO Box 1030 Blindern, N-0315 Oslo, Norway