SUMMARY: Re: Fun project but fuzzy on logic. "PhoneCALLs"

Andy Burns yoy at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 10:02:21 EDT 2003

Thanks to all that helped with the PhoneCALL problem.

Geoff (who put my code to shame) and others who offered assistance will get
credit (if you wish) when it's finished.

I discussed this with a good friend over the phone. One thing that he
mentioned is he derived a "PhoneCALL" 69STEAM. This is another issue that I
hadn't considered. He could have used 697 TEAM, but how many folks will
remember 697. And the 69STEAM ("in the heat of passion";) is easier to
remember. In fact I could never remember his number until he told me this
PhoneCALL.

We talked about how to delete the resulting PhoneCALLs that couldn't
possibly make sense. That looks like trouble. The first case being, deleting
six consonants and one vowel.

I also don't like the user having to scroll thousands of lines of gibberish
until one that they like or even makes sense pops up.

In summary, it is an interesting exercise in programming. I'll bang away at
it from time to time as my learning curve grows, but a polished superior
program is beyond the scope of my programming experience, at this time.

Thanks to all you magicians for sharing your magic! And thanks for
Revolution, for giving me the chance to try out the idea.

Regards,

Andy Burns