Working with grouped text

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 03:28:01 EDT 2003

---
My problem is when done, I want to examine the field and make a list of what
they underlined.  However, I want the list to be numbers.  For example, if
they click (that is underline) "a test" and "a puzzle", then I want "1,3"
(they underlined the first and third set of grouped text).  If they only
click "a quiz", then I want "2" (they only selected the second set of
grouped text).
---

As an alternative to Ken's neat solution, what about using imageSource graphics of ticked and unticked checkboxes? If clicked, the imageSource is CBticked else CBplain. To see what they have selected, parse the appropriate chars in the field to see which imageSource is used. Added benefit is that the user gets virtual checkboxes instead of underlines only.

Just an idea.

/H

Hugh Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: mailto:h at flexibleLearning.com
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com