QT Player only?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Sep 23 19:19:00 EDT 2003

Hi Graham,

> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:05:30 +0100
> From: Graham Samuel <livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: QT Player only?

> The issue can be a straightforward one about a user community. A
> typical user scenario for me is a small school with PCs only (no
> Macs) and no dedicated IT technician and maybe not even broadband
> Internet access. Selling these guys software and then telling them
> they have to download something from the Internet to make it work is
> bad news - and distribution of QT on CD by the software publisher
> involves them (I believe) in fairly onerous agreements with Apple
> (like agreeing to distribute updates). So people resist it. I love
> QT, but I have had to back off using it in this environment.
----------
The above is almost exactly the reasons I'm looking for other methods to
control and display movies and sounds. I my case it may involve both schools
and long term health care facilities, who may or (more likely) may not ever
have have good access to QT. We Mac types, and even Windows users who have
been smitten with QT, are spoiled by the ability to control our media
projects this way. However, many potential clients will simply not have QT
available anytime soon. Just a fact of life in many parts of the world.

Thanks for pointing it out, Graham.

All the best,
Ken N.