More focus problems

Andy Burns yoy at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 20:15:00 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Johnston" <dougwj at iprimus.com.au>
To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 8:22 PM
Subject: More focus problems

> Hi once again,
>
> further to my focusOut problem, I also have a focusIn problem.  I have a
field (Field 2) and I have a focusIn method in the fields script which is
supposed to beep, but the focusIn isn't firing.

> Just in case this is a platform problem, I am running WIN2K PRO SP 3.
>
> Regards
> Doug Johnston

Doug,

In the Transcript dictionary for focusIn:
Comments: If the control is an unlocked field or a button whose menuMode is
"comboBox", the openField message is sent to it instead of the focusIn
message.

Similary in the Transcript dictionary for focusOut

Comments: If the control is an unlocked field or a button whose menuMode is
"comboBox", the closeField or exitField message is sent to it instead of the
focusOut message.

Is this any help?

Good luck,

Andy Burns