setting the menubar

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 12:44:00 EDT 2003

I wrote:

>Why does this script (in the message box)
>
>   set the menubar of stack "mystack" to grp "mymenugroup"
>
>result in this error
>
>Message execution error:
>Error description: Chunk: source is not a container
>
>It appears you can't set the menubar property directly from a stack
>inspector, and now I can't set it all. I must be reading the TD
>wrong, but I can't see it.

By tinkering, I answered my own question - you don't use the keyword
"grp" (or "group"). This seems like weird syntax to me. What if I
have a group  and a graphic with the same name - how does RunRev pick
the group? Again, what if the group is in another stack and several
stacks have groups with the same name?

I am all for completely consistent ways of naming objects throughout
the language. BTW the TD kind of tells you this by saying you have to
use the group name, but it doesn't make it clear that this is
unqualified nor does it answer my questions above.

Graham