Just need some advice

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Sep 19 22:22:02 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 03:20  PM, Thomas Cole wrote:
>  I will test the standalones on the different platforms, but this is
> my first project on Revolution. Any "Hey, look outs!" would be much
> appreciated.

re: fonts, Arial is definitely the sans serif font with the least
differences cross platform. Helvetica will have more differences.

* If you use a font name that doesn't exist, like "0", then you always
end up with the default font for the user's computer.

* Windows fonts aren't scalable, so you will get strange effects if you
choose a text size that doesn't exist for that font. Mac fonts are
scaleable.

re: gotchas- who knows!

thinks likely to be different cross platform are: startup, quitting,
menus, printing, quicktime effects, exporting screenshots, and of
course fonts. :-)

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com