Bug submission

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 02:42:55 EDT 2003

On  Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:44:05 -0500, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
[the clearest explanation of Bugzilla voting I've seen so far,then]

>  > 2. I have something to add to this particular report (my experience
>>  involved a different earlier version and also a different version of
>  > the MacOS than the current report), but I don't see an opportunity to
>>  add further detail to an existing report. Clearly doing so might help
>>  the RunRev engineers, and equally it seems pointless to raise a new
>>  report when it looks like the exact same bug, but what is the policy
>>  and indeed the technique here? Sorry if this is naive, but like I
>>  said I've not used Bugzilla before.
>
>No problem. When you click on a bug in a list (like the result of a
>search) you are on a page with a header that says something like
>"Bugzilla Bug 643". Near the middle of the page is a field called
>"Additional Comments". Simply type in your comments on the bug and click
>the "Commit" button. If you were not the original poster of the bug,
>you're only option (displayed above the Commit button) is "Leave as
><status>", which means that all you can do is comment on the bug. If you
>ARE the original poster, you can change the status and do a couple of
>other things in addition to adding a comment or using the field to
>explain why you changed the status of the bug.

I know I'm lagging behind on this, but I don't see how I or anyone
else would have known this from the Bugzilla interface. It should be
stated more clearly that additional comments can be made by someone
who isn't the author of the original report, IMHO. Anyway away I go
to vote and comment.

Thanks

Graham