Bug submission

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Sep 18 14:08:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 12:27  PM, Wolfgang M. Bereuter
wrote:

> So I think you, or anybody of the rev team, who is more trained on
> bugzilla, should still watch this list, like before, and transfer the
> bug reports and bug descriptions from here to bugzilla.

Wolfgang I know you were addressing Mark, but I have a lot of bugzilla
activity and here are my thoughts. You are asking rev team to be more
proactive and the rev team is asking you to be more proactive. Both
sides have to give.  Maybe you need to make the effort to learn
bugzilla. It won't take long.

IMHO it's not realistic to expect them to catch all bug reports from
this list and get them into bugzilla. However I would expect that the
rev team does read this list with bugzilla in mind and opens bugzilla
bugs when something jumps out at them. Since they use bugzilla
internally too, and there are lots of bugs (eighty-some count) reported
by runrev staff, I think this is what they are doing.

I plan on using the new voting feature in bugzilla because it's an
opportunity to be more proactive letting the rev team know what I think
is a serious bug and what's not.

In the past few weeks I've noticed increased bug fixing activity in
bugzilla, and that about 30% of my reported bugs have been fixed or are
being investigated. It seems like the rev team is focusing now on
quality after the frenzy of adding new features around the 2.0 and 2.1
releases. Yeah rev team!

Glad I bought my license,

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com