Dev Language Comparison

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Sep 16 11:02:00 EDT 2003

>Externals should be made easier and crash proof IMOHO... I miss
>CompileIT...

You're not the only one...though I must say that so far I have had to
give up very little functionality to maintain external-free handlers
when converting from HyperTalk to Transcript.  Not too surprising,
since 80% of my externals were built to enhance performance or hide
code.

Rather than easier externals, I would prefer support for direct
system calls from Transcript...with a syntax similar to CompileIt!'s.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company