Pros and cons of where to store image data

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Sep 16 08:24:01 EDT 2003

>If you want to have
>an image on a card you have two choices as to where to store the image data?
>Either inside the image itself or in an external file?
>
>Assuming that's correct what are the pros and cons?

Hi Peter,

One point not already mentioned:  If one modifies a referenced
external image, one only needs to replace the original image in the
referenced folder; if one modifies an imported image, the original
image must be deleted from and the new image must be imported into,
each stack that uses it.  (In other words, the Rev Dev isn't needed
to update referenced images but it is required to update imported
images.)

BTW, there is a third option: place the images in a library stack
that is put in use by the working stack...then one can replace the
image library stack without modifying the working stack.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company