Pros and cons of where to store image data

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Sep 16 03:53:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 01:48 AM, peter9.smith at ps.ge.com
wrote:

> I'm still on the newbie learning curve so bear with me.  If you want
> to have
> an image on a card you have two choices as to where to store the image
> data?
> Either inside the image itself or in an external file?

If the image is displayed several places, you might want to consider
buttons with image references.

> Assuming that's correct what are the pros and cons?  If you hold the
> image
> data inside the card is it compressed in the stack file?

That is my understanding.  There are some image and other properties
that control when images are uncompressed.

> I'd prefer to hold
> the image data inside the card as that should be faster loading the
> stack.

Hmmm.  I don't know when external file images are loaded.  If when the
stack is opened, you might be right.

Dar Scott