[ANN] xtalk/transcript mode for Emacs editor

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun Sep 14 02:48:43 EDT 2003

Announcing an Emacs major mode for transcript; runrev and metacard's
scripting language. Features of xtalk-mode are:

* complete syntax colorization including transcript types, keywords,
commands and constants.
* code indentation (haphazard, imperfect, but it does help a bit).
* handful of macros for building function, handler and other code
structures.
* and of course, lots of other benefits coming from emacs itself, such
as: unlimited undo, extensibility via lisp macros, and electric braces
and parens.

You can download the xtalk-mode here. The mode is a text file and there
is a README at the head of the file:
<http://mindlube.com/download/files/runrev/xtalk-mode.el>

xtalk-mode will be especially useful in combination with my external
text editor plugin for runrev, MLXEditor:

MLXEditor is a plugin for the runrev IDE that enables one to edit
scripts with any text editor, provided one can write a transcript
command to launch the editor with a temporary filename. MLXEditor is in
BETA! so use at your own risk! Repeat- danger! It doesn't work on
Windows, yet, but is working pretty good on Mac OS X. I don't know if
it will work with Metacard- it probably will work without too much
changes.
<http://mindlube.com/download/files/runrev/MLXEditor.rev>

"But What is Emacs" you ask? See
<http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html>

Emacs for OS X: If you use OS X, you really should download the binary
app bundle of Emacs 21.3.50 I distribute. It's a Carbon build that has
a complete GUI and menu system, but does not require X Windows:
<http://mindlube.com/products/emacs/>

Enjoy,

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com