[OT] browser plugin patents - warning!

Jean-Jacques Wagner diwag at pingnet.ch
Sat Sep 13 01:21:01 EDT 2003

Well if you are a small developer, using a patent protected item for
yourself or a small group  of people around you, using such a patent should
not give you to much problem. Nobody will pay the court cost to suite you,
because you  will not have the fund to pay any kind of reward.

Most of the time the best think to do is to ask and get in contact with the
patent owner. We never now what he is intending to do with his patent. Maybe
he ask you a small license, which might be al together affordable or he or
one of his licensee might be interested to work with you.

I am myself involve in a patent case against the Swiss government and
Daimler Chrysler. They do not want to talk with me. That's a big mistake.
They do not want to talk with me because they know that I cannot afford a
court action against them. Here they might be wrong, but nevertheless I can
insure you, the one who is going to court because someone is infringing his
patent rights will cost a lot of money. he need a good temper and a lot of
time too.

No one would start a court action against a company or entity, which is
closed to bankrupcy or has little money.

Just a thougth,

Jean_Jacques Wagner