failed Windows build due to bad icons

Brian Thomas runrev at rivertext.com
Fri Sep 12 14:19:01 EDT 2003

Is anyone have trouble building satisfactory 16 color windows icons?

Has anyone trying to build Windows standalone's gotten the message
that that they have an invalid windows engine? The standalone gets
built but when you try to launch it you get the message that it is
not a valid Windows 32 app.

I have studied bug report 457 which reports that they may be do to
bad icons. Indeed, if I eliminate the icons I get a windows build I
can use. I just can't figure out what is wrong with the icons.

I have gotten this message on OS9, OS X and Windows XP on three
different computers. The icons were built with graphic converter and
are 32 pixels and 16 colors.

--
Brian