[ANN] MLXEditor - runrev plugin for script editing with ANY external editor app

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Sep 12 13:02:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 08:05  AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> This is very cool.  I use BBEdit for all of my other editing (PHP,
> QScript, ActionScript, etc.) and now I can use it for transcript too.
> I just modified your textedit example to launch BBEdit:
>
> put "%s" into tTmpFile
> put "open -a " & quote & "/Applications/Document Editors/BBEdit
> 7.0/BBEdit.app" & quote && quote & tTmpFile & quote into tCmd
> get shell(tCmd)

OK I'll add it to the recipes popup.

> I have been wanting something like this for Rev for quite some time.
> You get used to how your favorite editor works and it can be painful
> when you have to use others.
> Now to figure out color coding for BBEdit...

That's going to be the tricky part: getting code editors to deal with
xtalk because it's so different from C, Java, Perl, etc. which most of
editors support by default.

If anyone wants a list of transcript keywords, let me know. I pulled it
of the Transcript Dictionary I think.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com