How to change cards without go...

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Sep 11 09:38:30 EDT 2003

>I would like clicking on a card in the list to select that card
>in the other window without bringing that window to the front. I can
>think of some brute force ways to accomplish this, but I haven't found
>any "smooth" way of doing it. Is there (yet another) cool Rev command I
>am missing that does this?

Nope, Jim: no cool new commands; but simply a twist on an old one--

Example: instead of

	lock screen
	lock messages
	push card
	got to stack "database.rev"
         put newValue into field "A"
	get field "B"
	pop card
	unlock messages
	unlock screen

use

	put newValue into field "A" of card 1 of stack
"Server/Drive/Folder/database.rev"
	get field "B" of card 1 of stack "Server/Drive/Folder/database.rev"

The limitation here is one still has to go to the stack to add & delete cards;
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company