Help with analog clock with text images as hour and minute arms.

yoy yoy at comcast.net
Thu Sep 11 08:09:00 EDT 2003

My new project is an analog clock but instead of using circle arcs, I want
to use text as the hour and minute arms.

The problem I'm running into is the text rotates around it's midpoint. Is
there a way to rotate the text's x,y point that represent the left,"mid-Y"
of the textheight around the clock's centerpoint or around the tangent
points on a circle???

I tried creating a line (polygon) and grouping the text image to that but
that didn't work.

Would it be best to create each "step" of each arm in Photoshop and show
each in succession as time goes by???

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy Burns