multiple-word phrases, links

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at east.uio.no
Thu Sep 11 04:38:00 EDT 2003

>Hi there.
>
>I have a list containing various multiple-word phrases and I want
>Revolution to find those phrases in a text field and turn them into
>links (the whole phrase, not individual words).  What's the best way
>of doing this?  I can use wordOffset for each individual word in the
>phrase and then make sure that the offsets are next to each other in
>the text, but that sounds horrible.  There has to be a better way.

How about foundChunk? Quoting from the dodumentation:

Use the foundChunk function after a find command to determine where
the text was found.
Value:
The foundChunk function returns a chunk expression of the form char
startChar to endChar of field fieldNumber.

--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Tel. +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
--- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)