Deep space, the frontier

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Wed Sep 10 08:40:01 EDT 2003

>> From: David Vaughan
>> Subject: Re: Deep Space (was: The Directory Walker revisited)
>> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:38:27 -0700
>> Found it folks!
>>
>> On OS X systems the folder //Network contains a reference to the
>> local  computer, which is where you started, so round you go again.

>> From: David Vaughan
>> Subject: Re: Deep Space
>> Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:34:01 -0700
>>

>>> #### change to eliminate the aliases
>>>   get shell("ls -F")
>>>   filter it with "*[/]"
>>
>> Redundant perhaps. More importantly, just wrong. Please read my
>> in  my posts stands. It may be less confusing if you do not reply :-)

snip

> Retreating, deeply ashamed,
> Greetings,
> WA

But I can't resist some temptations :

the shortest recursive directorywalker ever in rev/mc :

  on mouseUp
   put empty into field "result"
   answer folder "Pick a folder you want to walk:"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   if last char of it <> "/" then put "/" after it
   put walkDir(it) into field "result"
end mouseUp

function walkDir dirPath
   set the directory to dirPath