cgi-engine does not run

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 10 00:50:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 11:19  PM, Alex Rice wrote:
> Try the metacard.com version instead. Even after you get X11 AND
> dlcompat compiled and installed, the runrev.com cgi engine is broken
> on Mac OS X.

Darn! Sorry, I'm mistaken. The runrev.com cgi engine prints debugging
information to STDERR. Messages like "external startup". I mistakenly
assumed that those STDERR messages would cause a 500 server error.
However that's not true, at least on Apache. On Apache they just get
sent to the error_log, so one will just see logs of entries like this
in the error log:

external startup
external exit
external startup
external exit

  Björnke, here is my test script which works OK. Note that TWO crlf are
required per the http spec. You only have one crlf after the content
type.

#!/usr/local/bin/revolution
on startup
  put "Content-type: text/plain" & crlf & crlf
  put "hello world"
end startup

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com