cgi-engine does not run

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 10 00:25:17 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 10:50  PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> I am having trouble getting the CGI-engine to run on mac OS X. I am
> always getting an Internal server error.

Try the metacard.com version instead. Even after you get X11 AND
dlcompat compiled and installed, the runrev.com cgi engine is broken on
Mac OS X.

For details see bugzilla bug #36. It was closed but last week I have
requested the bug be re-opened. If you concur with it, please sign onto
it with your notes and request it be re-opened.

I'm actually not doing CGI development with Revolution. However I do
have a lot of experience with CGI and Unix shell scripting. So I am
just facilitating the bugs reported here with a bugzilla someone else
opened previously.

If you still get "server error" with the metacard.com engine then check
your web server logs for further details. There are several conditions
that can cause 500 server error.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com