Deep Space

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Sep 9 22:49:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 12:29 Australia/Brisbane, Wouter
<wouter.abraham at pi.be> wrote:

snip

> This means that languages which use diacriticals
> can't use this version of the directory walker until
> the conversion is solved.

It works as is. There is no problem because...

>   #### change to eliminate the aliases
>   get shell("ls -F")
>   filter it with "*[/]"
>   #### shell() returns í for ƒ used in some cases to
>   #### designate a folder

is not necessary to deal with aliases, as explained in the digest in
which your above note appeared and which I trust you will receive
shortly.

Character encoding problems do not arise on reading the directory alone.

Hoping this is clear now.

regards
David