Chunk Expressions (see if my solutions is bad)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Sep 9 22:11:01 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

In the quest of finding some way to store an arbitary number of
parameters for my XML-RPC Stack I decided to use Chunk Expressions. I
decided to store each parameter as a line. I have a function that
accept two paramenters pType which is the type of the parameter
(string, boolean, integer...) and the other is the pParam which holds
the actual value. My function assemble them in the format
<type>value</type> so that become easy to assemble the XML Later, just
pull the lines of gParam and loop. The first bug I thought I might have
was the fact that the paramenters could have linefeeds inside them
breaking my sweet poor man system. So I decide do Base64 Encode them
just to take thoose linefeeds out. But I think Base64 wraps at 72 chars
so this return-character-apearing-where-I-do-not-want-problem still
possible. Should I change lineDelimiter? Should I store as item? Any
advise?

Cheers
Andre Garzia  2003
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....