Disable OSX App's menu? - no; but at least handle the "Quit during modal" properly

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Sep 8 21:05:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 12:10  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Yes, perhaps "disable" is inappropriate given that it's not disabled
> in other OSX apps.

Actually, I was mistaken. In Mail.app and Internet Explorer.app, bring
up the Save As dialog. The Quit menu item is disabled on both apps.
Those Save As dialogs are not sheets.

I was looking at a Sheet modal dialog before, when I saw a non-disabled
Quit item, albeit with no action to it apparently.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com