Passing windows authentication from Rev

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 8 14:07:01 EDT 2003

I am trying to pass windows authentication to establish a network
connection to a folder located on a server on our LAN. It works for
servers that reside in the building, but for others in far away places
(these require authentication), it will not prompt for user/pass. So I
tried the syntax that the ftp command uses. It doesn't work either.

revGoUrl("file://ServerName/path/to/folder")
-- works as expected for local servers.

revGoUrl("file:username:password@//ServerName/path/to/folder")
-- opens explorer window with errors (no authentication passed).

I have tried these methods as well:
get shell("\\ServerName\path\to\folder")
-- command shell opens, but nothing happens.

launch "C:/Documents and Settings/My_Name/Desktop/RemoteShortcut"
-- This points to a windows shortcut to the remote folder.
-- It never opened the folder either.

Thanks for any advice.

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com