Videograbber--does it work?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Sep 8 11:39:01 EDT 2003

I'm trying some preliminary tests with the videograbber commands in Rev
2.1. I can't get anywhere with them.

I've got an iBot firewire web cam attached to my 17" Powerbook G4. It
works with BTV, so I can confirm the video drivers are present and
correct.

When I use the videograbber commands, they don't work and generate
non-specific errors (i.e. the error box flashes over and over again
until I make it stop with cmd-period).

If I take the example for initializing the video grabber right from the
docs and enter it into the msg box (revInitializeVideoGrabber
"QT","100,100,200,200"), I get an error message:

Message execution error:
Error description: send: error in message expression

Can't get beyond this point.

Has anyone gotten the videograbber software to work in Rev? Any clues
or tips?

Thanks,

Howard Bornstein