correction: shutDownRequest HANDLER fails to work

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 6 09:24:00 EDT 2003

Barry,

The way to handle the quit process is quite different in Windows and
OSX.

Windows (also MacOS 9) : when the "Quit" item is selected, the engine
sends a "menuPick" message to the menu, that is processed within the
"menuPick" handler.

MacOS X : the engine doesn't send a "menuPick" but a "shutdownRequest"
message to the current stack.

It seems in your stack configuration - stacks in separate files-, there
is a problem to receive the "shutdownRequest" message.

I don't have experience in such configuration - I put  stack &
substacks in the same file - and I don't know enough about RR to solve
this problem.

Regards,

Thierry.