Radio buttons as indicator lights

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Sep 5 22:52:01 EDT 2003

Hi Graham,

> Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:06:34 +0200
> From: Graham <graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr>
> Subject: Re: Radio buttons as indicator lights
>
> That's really cool, Ken! I didn't know about 'family' (you can't set it
> using the property inspector, so it's hard to see how anyone would find out
> about it).
----------
It's probably about HyperCard compatibility, but who cares?! I just wanted
you to see another possibility that doesn't involve using Radio Buttons.
----------
> No idea why it goes with backgroundBehavior.
----------
Hmmm. I didn't set backgroundBehavior. They're all on one card.
----------
> i'm sure I could provide you with a whole repertoire of wierd little sounds...
----------
OK, thanks. Although...I just received a Griffin iMic adapter in the mail
and bought a new dynamic unidirectional mic, so now I'll get out my tinfoil,
bubblepak, squeezetoys, horns, whistles, and such, and have some fun.

I'll be looking on eBay for an echo-chamber too.

...if I can ever get it to record something that plays back through both
speakers (it only plays back through the left one, so it may only be
recording on the left side...I dunno). This iMic seems to have a lot of
wierd built-in stuff which seems to make it difficult to tell how it's
supposed to behave.

In the meantime, I'm working on an idea for a set of grc's that will act as
input volume level indicators in realtime.

Ken N.