embedding graphics in text?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Fri Sep 5 12:10:01 EDT 2003

Klaus Major offered a helpful idea to Joel Rees on how to embed
graphics in a text field.

I thought it might be helpful to mention:

1. You want to set the fixedLineHeight of the text field to false or
you'll probably be unhappy at the result.

2. This method of embedding graphics in text has the same limitations
that HTML 1.0 had: the image cannot be located relative to the
surrounding text. Wrapping text around images is, as far as I can tell,
impossible in Rev without using the htmlText property of a field (and I
haven't fully tested that approach, for that matter).

My belief so far -- and I'm eager and willing to be disabused of this
notion -- is that if you want to embed rich media stuff in your Rev
apps, you're almost certainly going to want to us an external tool and
then stuff the result into a player object for display and/or
manipulation. At least all my attempts to find clever Rev-only ways
around this have proven futile so far.

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info