survey: improving the script editor

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Sep 4 13:08:01 EDT 2003

I have a couple of ideas for plugins to enhance the Rev IDE. I can't
decide which direction I want to go myself, so thought I could solicit
some feedback. 2 ideas:

a) An external + plugin that would enable external editor apps (Emacs,
Vi, BBEdit, Notepad, etc.) to be used for script editing in the IDE.
(anyone: if it already exists, let me know)

b) A plugin for enhancing the existing IDE script editor. Enhancements
would be: macro expansions that are customizable by user, and
context-sensitive code completion at the insertion point while editing.
Completions would include: transcript keywords, transcript constructs,
handler names, variable names and property names. (Geoff: if this is
planned for Rev's script editor, let me know)

If you would find one of these useful, send email to:

rev-plugin at mindlube.com

*** Use a Subject line of just "a" or "b" to vote for item a or b shown
above. ***

If you have an opinion about whether these should be shareware,
commercial, or open-source, let me know that too, in the message body.
If shareware or commercial let me know a $ you would honestly value it
at. Otherwise leave the message body blank.

<mailto:rev-plugin at mindlube.com>

Thanks,

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com