Metal OS X

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Sep 4 10:55:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 06:36  AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com
wrote:

> wouldn't a simple template background pattern do?
>
>  ;))
>
> Anything is faster than Aqua, even a Mac128K!

There is absolutely no point in trying to run a "metal" background on
Windows. It's a Mac OS feature that people try to emulate. It's tricky
because as Tuviah said it's weird combination of pattern and gradient.
(for some reason) I don't like the appearance myself to want to emulate
it in my apps.

By why are you posting this? Just couldn't resist an opportunity to
bash OS X?

That's kinda funny because there are numerous OS X users on this list,
and if you look at runrev.com, all the screenshots are of OS X. Go
figure! Yeah it must really suck.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com