The Directory Walker revisited

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Sep 4 09:13:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 02:03 AM, wouter wrote:

>>> I am very sorry to inform you that this one you adapted from David
>>> Vaughn, is also bumping into the recursionLimit.
>>
>> Very strange.  I assume you don't have folders nested 700 deep.  Maybe
>> something in the script increases the stack frame size.
>
> :^)) You keep persitent on the deepness of the directory.

:-)  I think it key.

> I used my root Library folder on a Mac OS X volume to run tests
>  and the deepest folder is 18 levels deep.
> The recursiveLimit has only to do by how many times the handler
> calls itself from within itself without ending itself (nested calls)
> before
> its starts running itself again  (kind of an egocentric handler)

Then I am concerned.

 From looking at that code and similar code, the handler calls itself
only 19 times.  That should not hit the recursion limit.  Something
else is wrong.

What Rev version and OS are you using?  Maybe some beta versions went
out as debug builds.

Even so, I doubt this would be enough to cause this.  Something is
wrong.

I would not be surprised if my apps without recursion would hit 19
deep.  Many of my recursive functions typically hit 32.

Dar Scott