Image Library Import

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Sep 3 03:00:33 EDT 2003

At 6:32 AM -0700 9/2/2003, John Tenny wrote:
>The Import File... button on my computer is dead. It's a nice blue,
>but nothing happens. Does it work on yours?

Known bug.

>the bad news is that deleting an image from the image library also
>deletes it from the card and deleting from the card also deletes
>from the library.

There isn't a separate "image library" object as such - the image
library window is just a way of viewing all the images in a stack.
(The built-in image libraries are simply stacks full of images.)

>The other bad part is that the library image box is just a window
>into the original image, and most of the time I can't tell what the
>image is. It didn't minimize the image enough to identify it.

You might want to report this as a feature request - I'm not sure
about simply shrinking the images (because shrinking an image on Unix
or Windows gives you terrible results), but there may be some way of
dealing better with the case of large images.
Jeanne DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools
~~~ Check our web site for new Revolution editions & special offers ~~~