About mixing Database Query Builder with normal database library calls.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 01:54:00 EDT 2003

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a couple doubts that revGurus our there might
> clear. I am
> creating a simple app to manage a couple MySQL
> tables. Its the common
> tasks (insertion, modification, deletion), to
> navigate the database I
> am using Database Query Builder, filling fields with
> the data and some
> buttons to navigate. But I cannot use Query Builder
> to insert a Record
> can I? How can I identify what is the current record
> (so that i can
> disable the "previous" and "next" buttons when they
> reach the limits)?
>
> Cheers
> Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL
> http://www.soapdog.org

Hi Andre,

You can execute any query (INSERT, DELETE, ...) on the
database an existing query connects to, by means of
the following command :
  revExecuteWithQuery <name of the existing query>,
                      <query to execute>

Example :
  put "UPDATE customers SET something=123456 ;" into \
      tSQLQuery
  revExecuteWithQuery "MyCustomerQuery", tSQLQuery

--

As for checking if the current record is the first or
last of the cursor corresponding to a query, use :

--

If you want to learn more of the hidden features of
the database query manager and its linked fields and

Note that it requires a good knowledge of the RevDB
commands and functions, and familiarity with the
message path and how frontScripts intervene.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====