OS X - documentation of drawer command

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Sep 2 19:06:01 EDT 2003

The documentation on the Drawer command (applicable only to OS X) says
only that the drawer is opened with (e.g.):
    drawer stack "someList" at right
and closed with:
    close stack "someList"

However, what if you want to allow the user to open and close the
drawer multiple times? I found that when the above pair of commands was
repeated then the drawer become a line smaller in height each time it
was opened.

Once the drawer has been opened, it can be closed (as noted recently by
Jacque) with:
    hide stack "someList"
and reopened with:
    show stack "someList"
all with proper sliding and with no diminution of its stature.

To manage this, I created a Script Local variable to hold the drawer's
state - zero if never previously opened and otherwise switching between
1 and 2. In this way I could use the correct command. The drawer stack
is finally closed automatically when the stack to which it is attached
is closed.

Perhaps these latter points should be documented as well or,
alternatively, the shrinkage unshrunk.

regards
David