shell command specifics?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Sep 2 14:55:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 01:12  PM, Barry Levine wrote:

> Hoping that I'm not asking a question that requires giving away any
> trade secrets, I'd like to know how to pass a list of file pathnames
> to the disc burning software in OSX. Basically, I'd like to add a
> backup function to my application. Has anyone done this and, if so, do
> you feel like telling me how?

Never done it myself, although used to do shell scripting to create DMG
disk images on OS X, before I purchased a license for DropDMG.

The same command is used for burning and other disk operations:
hdiutil. Open terminal.app and type

man hdiutil [return]

for the "manual" for hdiutil. Good luck!

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com